Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of Self Editing blog 2012

As the year ends, I’d like to share some of my favorite posts from 2012. 

But first, a quick update on Mom Freeze 2013:
  • After posting my original Mom Freeze blog last week, I had a moment of clarity and changed my 90-Day Mom Freeze to a 30-Day Mom Freeze. I know my limits on disorganization.
  • Second, I don’t know if it’s a fear of the Freeze or just a fear of what I might write about them, but yesterday, both my son and husband did a bang-up job of cleaning the house after our holiday houseguests left. I started by picking up and sweeping, and without being coaxed or asked, my husband started cleaning the kitchen and then the bathroom (!!) and my son stopped playing Wii and said, “Mom, is there anything I can do to help?” I almost fell over. I told him, yes, he needed to strip the sheets on all the beds and make his bunks up with new sheets. And he did. No whining or complaining.
  • If this is the kind of participation I can expect next month (and all the time)… this Mom Freeze is already worth the threat.
----------------------------------------

Best of Self Editing blog 2012

I’ve compiled my best posts from each month in 2012. I hope you enjoy re-reading them, or if you’re new, enjoy them for the first time. SHAMELESS PLUG: My birthday was last week. As a b-day gift to me, if you enjoy this blog, please forward it to 5 friends (far and wide) and ask them to follow and/or subscribe to my blog. It's a 2013 goal to significantly grow my blog readership. THANKS!


February

March

April
I only posted once in April, and it was a link to a freelance article I wrote for CheapFlights.com…

May > June
I wrote nothing in May or June as my anxieties augmented leading up to my sixth annual mother-daughter trip in July.

July
NOTE: The Mother-Daughter Trip 6 posts were many (6 in all). If you haven’t read them before, settle in with a cup of chai tea and start from the beginning to read about:
August

September

October

Spoon Jackson: Poet, Writer, Inmate

When Your Mom Moves Away

November

Why I Decided NOT to Write a Memoir

 

December

MOM FAIL #4: I Told My 7-Year-Old Daughter to "Man Up"

Taking a Mom Sabbatical: Mom Freeze Begins 01/01/13 

No comments:

Post a Comment